Saturday, July 21, 2012

Weekend Quick Change

There are so many things I could be doing.....instead I changed something that wasn't really broken. In fact, I changed something that was already not in its original state.
Ikea Billy Bookcase, Medium Brown


Enter the Ikea Billy bookcase.  I'm a huge fan of painting Ikea furniture.  A few months ago, I decided my crap would look a lot better if the inside backs of my bookcases were white.

So I painted them.

A few hours ago, I decided that was played out and went a step further. A trip to my fav paper store unearthed the best hand marbled paper ever!!

The only challenge is no two pieces are exactly alike, so you have to toy around with the layout..and there will be seams. 

Anywhooooo, here is the before and after; and, I'm pretty happy with it.  Not one to commit, I used a glue stick to adhere the paper.  A girl might change her mind next weekend!

My Billy combination with inside backs painted white.

My Billy combination with hand marbled paper!!

No comments:

Post a Comment